Pages

7/8/15

Gay Marriage Is Legal In The States!



So to say I've been out of the blogosphere for some time would be an understatement. But I'd like to come back, and as a gay man the legalization of same sex marriage in all 50 United States of America seems like a wonderful place to pick up blogging.

I'm really, really happy about this. I'm currently not living in the States anymore, but I'm hoping that the U.S. Supreme Court's decision will influence other countries so that soon enough gay marriage will be recognized as simply 'marriage,' for the rest of the world too. Plus, I could not be happier for the same sex newly weds in America.

It's so strange to think that within the past decade, the way we think about gay rights has been completely revolutionized. Our progress gives me so much hope for the future.

I want to thank everyone who helped make it happen. From politicians to lawyers to journalists to young fanfiction writers who stay up into the wee hours of the morning churning out stories with homoerotic content (you know who you are). Everyone who has ever brought awareness to it or even just discussed the topic has helped bring us to the point where if I were to return home, I could serve openly in the military, marry my boyfriend, and even be celebrated for who I am.

Thank you so much, for fighting and not giving up. We're winning now, and we're in the homestretch!

Congratulations,

~Colm

No comments:

Post a Comment